Friday, May 8, 2009

Rachel's 1st Easter

I am going to catch up on my blogs now, so I will be posting several at a time. :) My computer, thanks to my husband (who fixed it) and the generous people at Best Buy (who finally stopped holding it hostage), is back in business, but runs very slow. Now I am trying to sort through things and figure out which pictures I have already posted where, etc.

Rachel's 1st Easter couldn't have been much better. We woke up and gave her her first Easter basket, which was filled with a new Dora doll and book, a Curious George Anthology (I absolutely adored Curious George as a child!), a set of her very own keys, and her brand new cell phone! She seemed extremely curious about the whole basket, but was not particularly fond of the fake grass inside.

After church, we headed to Grandma & Grandpa Burkey's and celebrated with the maternal cousins. Rachel got to take part in her first Easter Egg Hunt. She got 5 eggs! The Grand-Easter Bunny filled each with a piece of candy and a coin. However, cousin Owen got a bit restless and started cracking open the eggs and taking the candy. So one of Rachel's eggs only had a coin in it. Not that she noticed; she cared more about the egg itself than its contents!!

Then we headed to Duane's parents' house for the Wood Easter. Rachel got a new toy bunny that she carries everywhere now. It is that bendy material, like a Gumbee. She enjoys chewing on him. =)

Overall, it was a lovely day. The weather cooperated, and I must say that Rachel looked lovely in her Easter dress!

No comments: