Friday, May 8, 2009

Beautiful Weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend full of surprises and fun in the sun!
Friday evening, Duane and I were heading out for what he thought was our combination anniversary/his 30th birthday dinner. Actually, his friend Donovan and I had organized a surprise 30th birthday gathering at the restaurant for Duane and his friends. I told everyone to be there at 7 p.m. and our reservation was at 7:30. However, I told Duane our reservation was at 7:15. Knowing Duane, he hates to be late, so it was challenging to stall him without letting him know that we weren't running late. He complained the first 5 minutes of the drive to the restaurant because he thought we were running late. The last 5 minutes of the drive he spent complaining about me taking him in the wrong parking lot. The in-between was pleasant though. =) Once we pulled in the parking lot, I saw everyone standing outside. I knew Duane would soon see them too. As we drove around trying to find a place to park, he saw them all standing together and the jig was up. We had a great meal and I am so thankful everyone could make it on short notice. I think Duane had an excellent time!
On Saturday, we attended Quentin's 1st birthday party. It was blustery but bright and beautiful outside. Rachel got to sit in the grass and soak in some rays with Aiden. After, we listened to the OSU spring game on the radio and some of the NFL draft. Sunday, Rachel and I took part in the March of Dimes March for Babies! We raised $40 personally and $400 as a team and walked a 1-mile trek among thousands of participants. It was wonderful to see so many people taking part in a good cause. Next year, I think we will do the 5-mile walk!
Then we spent the rest of the day relaxing and taking in some rays. Rachel is still a little confused when I sit her in the grass!

No comments: