Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend in the Wood household. Saturday evening, we celebrated Duane's 30th birthday with my family. Good times all around -- cornhole, cookout, cards, and cake! I am really proud of the job I did on this cake. I have had some bad experiences with my two-layer cakes in the past, but this one remained intact and I even got some good practice on my roses.


We loved the visit with family, but Duane had to work on Sunday, so it was just me and Rachel for our first Mother's Day post partem. We went to church, and then we picked up some bagels and headed to my parents' house for bagels, chicken salad, gardening, and some relaxation.


Then this evening, Duane gave me a lovely note and fed and bathed Rachel so I could relax. I was glad he got to experience what I do every evening with her -- kind of appropriate for a Mother's Day gift.





Rachel also reached a milestone this week -- her first tooth! I will post more on that later, when I can nab a picture.



Overall, the weekend was just lovely. Back to the grind tomorrow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! Congrats to Ms. Rachel on her tooth! Glad you had a great weekend :)