Sunday, March 22, 2009

Playdate and Duane-less Weekend

So Duane left on Thursday morning for his first official race weekend -- a thing which he has spent much of his time, energy, and money on of late. It sounds as though everything went well, albeit after one of his buddies was involved in a couple of accidents. I am just thankful my husband is coming home in one piece.
Without Duane around, Rachel and I spent a LOT of quality time together. It reminded me a bit of my maternity leave, except without Duane coming home every evening. I spent a good portion of the weekend following the NCAA basketball tourney. I don't even really like basketball much, but I run the tournament at work, and it is so fun when a team is upset and all the brackets take a sudden turn.
Also, we hosted the second official playdate between Rachel and her friends, Aiden and Quentin. The weather was nice enough for us to take a walk. We must have looked like the baby brigade as we walked single file to the little park at the school a few blocks from our house. The kids seemed pretty unimpressed by the park -- Aiden hated the swings and Rachel was just disinterested in pretty much everything.

Then Sunday I made a date to see a movie with my sister. I went to church with mom, who agreed to watch Rachel while I was at the movie. Rachel made it pretty easy on her though -- she slept the whole time I was gone.

Now we are just waiting on Duane to get home. The weekend seemed to fly by, but that is good. We missed the big guy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good weekend! Sorry about the background--I didn't even notice they were the same until I clicked on your blog just now. I do think it's kind of funny that mine's pink and yours is blue (a bit backward?) :)

Nutz said...

Oh, I don't care about the background. I was just teasing you.

Allison said...

Wow...Rachel gets cuter every picture you put up!