Tuesday, December 30, 2008

6-Month Check-Up (Belated)

I took Rachel for her 6-month Dr. Appt. last Tuesday and she did a great job! She got three shots, which she didn't really appreciate, but she was a very brave little girl. Here are Rachel's latest stats:

  • She weighed in at 14 lbs even, which is only 6 ounces more than she weighed 2 months ago. It puts her in the 10th-25th percentile, which is a bit of a drop from last visit. But the doctor says she is perfectly healthy, so I will just keep feeding her all those yummy foods!

  • She gained a half-inch over 2 months, even though she seems so long to me! I can't believe how big she is getting.

  • The doctor gave the okay to start the sippy cup, though he said she would probably reject it at first. I went out and bought a couple and some juice to put in them. I diluted the juice with water and gave her one. She seems to like it, but doesn't understand that she has to tilt the cup to get the juice out!

  • The doctor also gave the okay to start cereal at 8 months, which makes mommy VERY nervous. My sister says she cut the cereal up for the boys, so I may try that, or I will try using the dissolving puffs that Gerber makes.


  • Rachel is REALLLLLY close to crawling. She has started pulling herself up on her hands and knees, and she lunged forward once the other night. Looks like we need to babyproof the house!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I remember saying Aiden was really close to crawling a few months ago, and we got bupkis. Just a fair warning. :)

He is much closer now, though...

I'm still excited our kids can be small together.

Megan said...

She has the prettiest eyes-- look at those lashes! :)