Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Camera from D-Wayne Claus!

I was getting kind of frustrated with my old camera, because all of my pictures seemed orange, and when I would turn he flash off, they were too dark or blurry. And I want to take good pictures of my daughter, but it didn't seem like anything helped. I didn't know whether it was my poor photography skills, my camera, or the weird lighting in our house. So D-Wayne Claus came a little early, and we picked out a nice new digital camera for our Christmas gift.

I am still a little uneasy. I suffer from big-time buyer's remorse after almost every big purchase, so I have been questioning whether or not this camera is for me. It is a heavy-duty deal...lots of gidgets and gadgets that I probably don't need or won't understand. And looking at the pictures on my LCD screens on the cameras, they didn't look that different from my other camera.

But I fiddled with it a lot tonight (all the different modes and lighting options), and when I loaded them onto the computer, I could see a difference in the clarity and lighting.

Duane said I should sign up for an online photography class, so I think I am going to try that. There are some that teach about my new camera specifically, so I may use any money I get from my next freelance project to do that. I used to be a fairly decent photographer, but if you don't use it, you lose it, I guess!

Let me know what you think about the pictures. The top two are from my old camera, and the bottom few are from my new camera.

p.s. I am selling my old 35-mm Canon Rebel. Everything is digital now, but if anyone knows someone who could use it, let me know and I will make them a good deal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still say she looks like she's throwing up gang signs in that last photo. East side, represent!