Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Pictures!

So, we had a fun Sunday in the Wood Family. I really wanted to get Rachel's Christmas pictures done so I could put them on our Christmas cards, and I figured we could just do her 6-month pictures at the same time. Foolishly, I neglected to think that everyone else in the city of Columbus would be scheduling Christmas pictures too. I told Duane it would only take an hour or two and he agreed to come with me to the photo studio.
So off we went. It took 20-30 minutes to take the actual pictures, and Rachel was very tired, so she wasn't too cooperative. We managed to get a couple happy-ish pictures and a very nice Christmas photo for the cards. I would have loved to have a few more options on the Christmas photo, but she was just too tired at that point. Every time I put her down, she burst into tears. I can't blame her...there were strange adults with cameras and little kids and parents running around everywhere.

So, the photographer said it might take 5-10 minutes to get to view our pictures. Over an HOUR later, I went to check the status and there were still 2 groups ahead of us. So an hour and a half passed and I was finally able to see my little angel and deliberate over the best poses. I didn't take long -- I narrowed 45 poses to 4 and then just had to wait another 15 minutes for everything to print.
Needless to say, at this point, Rachel was very cranky. She slept most of our wait to view the pictures, but once she woke up, she was both hungry and confused...and probably sick of sitting in her carseat! The whole ordeal took about 4 hours from when we left the house to when we got home, 3 of which was spent at the studio.

I am really hoping D-Wayne Claus will get me a magical camera for Christmas so perhaps we can avoid this in the future and stick to yearly portraits...in June...when nobody is around.
But there is no knocking the pictures -- they are gorgeous!

2 comments:

jscotter2007 said...

I can't believe it took that long to get pictures taken. They are adorable though!

Unknown said...

She's so stinkin' cute. Sorry I didn't get to get a better look at them--you'll have to show me all the shots on the disc tomorrow :)