Saturday, November 29, 2008

First Thanksgiving

Well, it has been an exciting couple of days for us! Rachel experienced her first Thanksgiving and her first Black Friday.

On Thursday, we headed to my in-laws' house at noon for Thanksgiving dinner. We got to visit with them, and Rachel was very well-behaved and interactive. She seemed to enjoy the time with her grandparents and cousins. She even got to have Grandpa Wood feed her some sweet potatoes at the table like a big girl! Although I think she was clearly in control of the situation, because grandpa seemed intimidated when she would grab the spoon from him.

She should have another cousin here in a few short weeks, because Jen is about ready to pop! The poor girl has had terrible tailbone pain lately, and she may end up with a C-Section. We just hope for a healthy delivery all-around.

Then we headed to my parents' house for dessert and a light meal. They had already eaten when we arrived, but we spent some time with the family and Duane ended up eating some of the traditional Thanksgiving lasagna my dad prepared. I partook of some pecan pie, which is my absolute favorite guilty pleasure on Thanksgiving. I skipped the light dinner just so I could have a piece.

Friday, Rachel and I headed out around 9 a.m. for shopping. I always go to one store each Black Friday, and I always rediscover why I only end up going to one store. I can't take the crowds. Rachel was a model baby. She just chilled in her stroller as we waited in line at a certain retail store so that we could get her cousin's batman gifts. So as a reward, I bought her yet another Christmas dress. :)

Then we entertained my family to celebrate Grandpa Burkey's birthday. We had yummy pizza, some beer, wine, and I made a trifle for the first time, which is a fruity dessert. I am not a fruit fan, but it was what my dad wanted, and it seemed to go over well.

So we are officially in the Christmas season, so Rachel and I are just waiting for Duane to get home so we can decorate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ms. Rachel looks so cute in her turkey outfit!
Hey, was able to get that video posted by using vimeo--you may want to try that for your giggle video...