Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BABY!

I got a break from Mommyville this weekend, because I attended a baby shower for my sister-in-law on Saturday while Duane watched Rachel. Normally I would have taken her, but I didn't want to steal the thunder. My sister-in-law tried to get pregnant for a while before she and the brother-in-law had success, so I wasn't about to take anything away from that.

In the spirit of the shower, I made a shower cake. It wasn't the typical shower cake -- no baby booties or storks. It was a square yellow cake with chocolate frosting and a blue bow and polka dots. Duane actually baked the cakes for me, because my first cake burned and I had to tend to Rachel. And I iced them with homemade chocolate frosting and made a fondant bow. It wasn't my best effort, because I wasn't used to working with fondant or chocolate frosting, but it tasted pretty good!

Baby Caden got a LOT of clothes. I kept teasing that he is going to have to switch rooms with them because of all the clothes he got.
After the fun was over, I went home and watched the recording of the OSU game, hung out with Duane, and relaxed the rest of the weekend.

Rachel is doing very well. She is eating almost a jar of baby food at each sitting. I have been mixing rice cereal into the baby food and she seems to tolerate that pretty well. She is on green foods. She likes sweet potatoes and green beans the best so far. Her diapers have taken quite a stinky turn since she started solids, let me tell you.
Her next doctor appointment is December 23rd, so I will update her stats then.

Other than that, we are just busy getting ready for Rachel's first Christmas. I am determined to decorate the outside this year, as I was promised by Duane that he would handle it last year and he never did. Wish me luck with that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That cake looks amazing! :)