Thursday, July 24, 2008

Little Stinker!

Yesterday was Rachel's one-month birthday. I know it seems silly to count in both weeks and months, but when you think about how fast the time is passing, you tend to commemorate every kind of anniversary and milestone.
Speaking of milestones, Rachel decided to celebrate her one-month birthday in two ways. First, when I went to give her a bath, I noticed that the water was just a little bit warmer than I wanted it to be. So, I added some cold water. While we were waiting for the water to mix, I guess the sound of the water moved something in Rachel, because I suddenly felt a very warm sensation down my front. That's right, Rachel peed on her mommy for the first time! Now, she has attempted it in the past, but usually that is when I am changing her diaper, and she just doesn't have the right tools to shoot straight up in the air at me. But she had me right where she wanted me last night -- I was foolish enough to take her diaper off before I was ready to put her in the tub, and I had her in the room when the water was running. Score one for Rachel! But don't think I will hesitate to tell her boyfriends this story when she gets older!

The second milestone was much more exciting for me than for her, I think. Rachel slept from 11:30 p.m. last night until almost 5:30 a.m. this morning! It may have something to do with the fact that we had to give her some soy formula last night because I was having some issues that prevented me from nursing her. And we are not going to give her formula just to get her to sleep through the night, because it really is difficult on her digestive system to go back and forth like that. But that was the best night's sleep I have had in quite a while -- it was almost like Rachel was giving ME a birthday gift!

Time is going so fast. My leave is more than halfway over, and I want time to sloooooooow down. I am not ready to go back to work, as much as I miss the people there. I wish I could find a part-time job that pays full-time pay. That way I could still be with my baby girl as much as possible but get out just enough to feel human! Hopefully by the time we have a second child, Duane will have graduated college and maybe we will be able to afford for me to stay home. Then I can always find a part-time job somewhere to keep me busy.


Here is a video of Rachel. It is short, but it catches her new skill of smiling and laughing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the "I Got Peed On" club :) Cute video :)