Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Work Shower

When I first found out that Duane and I are expecting, my friend Kim (who is now on the last week of her own maternity leave) decided she was going to plan a baby shower for me from home. With the assistance of our other work friend Barb, the shower was a wonderful success! I had so much fun celebrating Rachel's impending arrival with everyone from work, and I am once again reminded what great people Duane and I have in our lives.


We got so many clothes and gift cards this time! Kim made a toy crate for us, which we need because we have so many toys for Rachel already! She filled it with lots of clothes too! And I can't believe how generous everyone was with their presents and gift cards. Those will definitely come in handy for everything we will need down the road (read: diapers!).
I couldn't have asked for anything better. The cake was delicious, the people were fun, and I got to spend an hour focusing on my daughter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, I'm glad you had fun--it was fun to plan, too! You're really getting down to the wire...

Thanks for sending me the pictures so quickly! :)