Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Shower!


My mom and sister threw me my first baby shower Saturday, and I left feeling more blessed and thankful than I have ever felt in my life. The shower was amazing. I couldn't have envisioned anything better. The food was great, the games were fun, and I even wore a dress!! (Pregnancy dresses are so much cuter than regular dresses, because you are supposed to look big!)
It was an amazing turnout -- probably around 30-35 of my closest family and friends. My friend Lori came in from Cincinnati, my friend Amy came in from D.C. (not just to see me, but we will pretend I am that special), my friend Allison came, and I got to see my future son-in-law and his mom, my friend Kim. Kim and I are used to seeing each other every day, so I feel like we never see each other anymore, since she has been on maternity leave!

It was so much fun visiting with everyone. There were so many people that I did my best to make the rounds and talk to everyone at least a little bit. And everyone was extremely generous. People who couldn't even attend sent presents. I must have spent a good hour and a half opening gifts -- it was exhausting! But all the baby clothes were adorable.

Rachel received two hand-made afghans from grandma's friends, and her Aunt Patti and family got her the Pack-n-Play. We also got her snap-n-go stroller, a baby/puppy gate, and a boppy, among many other things. And grandma's friend fromhigh school sent a special OSU basket full of knit goodies -- a sweater, booties, mittens, and a cap! So her OSU wardrobe is almost complete -- she has home and away onesies, binkies, and even a plate set!
And just to top off the day, my Aunt Joanne made the most amazing cake!! I may make a cake here and there for fun, but she and my Aunt Ula have a talent unlike any other!!

Duane and I are extremely thankful for all the loved ones who areso generous to us. We know that our daughter is already extremely loved and cherished, and that makes bringing her into this world all the more wonderful for us.
Speaking of bringing her into this world, here are my latest belly pics from 32 and 33 weeks. Look at the drastic change from week 32 to week 33!! She is measuring a week ahead now (so she is measuring like a 34-week fetus, rather than a 33-week fetus), but everything else looks normal and healthy!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing like a baby shower to remind you how much folks love ya, huh?
I really miss seeing you everyday, too; e-mail just isn't the same. :)
That belly of yours is looking good! :)