Saturday, May 10, 2008

The nursery is almost finished!

My husband amazes me constantly. We decided to put laminate wood flooring in Rachel's nursery, and he has never laid laminate flooring before, but decided he would give it a try. It looks AMAZING! He painted the walls yellow, laid the flooring, and all I can take credit for is the wall border, and I got help with all but 2 feet of that! From what this room looked like before, I am just amazed at how beautiful it looks now. It is the perfect nursery for our daughter.

But everything has come together nicely. The crib and dresser/changing table look wonderful, and the room is really starting to look like a real room and not just a place to stash baby stuff. I put her clothes away in the dresser and closet, but I still have to go back and wash them. I can't believe she got so many things from just 1 shower! Everyone has been so generous. A guy at my work brought us a bunch of diapers they never used from when they had twins about a year ago, so we are stocked up for at least a week or two. :) My sister-in-law has been finding the cutest outfits for her too!

All we are waiting on now is the rocking chair and the rest of the decorations, and Rachel's room will be all ready -- we will just be waiting for Rachel then!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good! You should have a lot more stuff to put in there after this Wednesday's shower :)

zx6rider said...

I think Rachel will appreciate everything she has recieved. We are very blessed to have good family and friends in our lives. All we need now is for Rachel to hurry up and get here.