Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Roofs, Babies, Work, and more...

Sorry! I really wish I were one of those dedicated bloggers who can find something fun and creative to write about every day, but I just haven't had time to collect my thoughts lately!

I have this HUGE deadline at work. This has kept me busy for weeks now, and my hours are just starting to become somewhat normal again. Meanwhile, I accepted a freelance job from the company in NYC I have worked for a couple of times, and it is going to pay VERY well. But it is also going to suck up MOST of my free time between now and February 19th, when it is due. The money will be used for the crib and dresser, and...

Yesterday, I worked from home because we lost some shingles in the high wind gusts a couple weeks ago. So I waited for the roofers to come and give an estimate for the repairs. I have never needed roof repairs before, and our insurance deductible was $500, so I was thinking we would have to pay $200 or something and wouldn't bother with insurance.

The estimate was: $525. No kidding. How convenient. So there's more money that should be going toward baby prep that has to go toward keeping the baby's home in good shape instead. Grrrrr.

We picked a paint color for the nursery. I am hoping to go get that tomorrow night, along with the flooring. Then Duane will paint and refloor the nursery whenever he has time. (He has also been working a lot and going to school, so time is difficult to find!)

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Pudge's Secret will hopefully be revealed and we can give this kid a proper name. I am so excited but also trying to stay grounded, because I know today will draaaaaaaag by if I focus too much on the morning. I will be 21 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I can't even believe that! The little one has been raising quite a ruckus in my insides lately! It's nice to have the reminder that s/he is still there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY FOR THE REVEAL!!! I feel like you're on Extreme Makeover calling it that. Crazy. Can't wait to find out!!!