Monday, February 25, 2008

Registering for Rachel



Funny how two different women can carry their babies so differently. Kim, who is having a boy in March, carries almost entirely up front. Me, I carry all over. I have expanded from front-to-back and from side-to-side. I am just getting round like an apple! :)

I have been working so much lately, and I anticipate 50+ hour weeks for the next month. It happens, I guess. I have to get through it. I got another excellent review this year, so maybe I will get a decent raise. I got a bonus for last year, so that is more money to stow away for Rachel's arrival. It's nice to get that little incentive, even if it does get taxed insanely.

My sister gave me some great maternity clothes. This shirt is one of them, and I have received MANY compliments on it. I am needing maternity shirts for sure now -- especially since my chest just keeps growing. I am very appreciative, because I am trying to put all extra money away for diapers and things for Rachel.

Speaking of things for Rachel, while Duane was painting her room on Saturday, I went registering with my sister! She was the best person I could have taken, because she breastfed her sons, and a lot of stuff they tell you to register for is related to formula-feeding. There are things she clued me into that I never would have guessed (like registering for slow-, medium-, and fast-flow nipples so Rachel doesn't get frustrated with the slow-flow as she gets older!). We picked out SOOO much good stuff, and I found so many outfits I may have to go back and buy later! A couple of them were even pink. I am trying to hold off buying a lot of stuff until we get closer and have a place to put everything away. I just finished my freelance project that will pay for her nursery furniture and bedding!

She is kicking a lot more these days. I think she is starting to get a little more cramped, so she bumps into me a little more than usual. I love it! I feel like we are bonding when she gives me a little kick. I can't wait to meet her. I know she is going to be the most perfect little girl I have ever seen, and I will love her more than I ever thought possible!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Sounds like the pregnancy is getting better each week!

Where did you end up registering?