Wednesday, November 28, 2007

11 weeks!


I can't believe I did not immediately update my blog after the 8-week appointment, but I probably talked to most people who would read this anyway, so what the heck. I slacked off a little bit...
Everything went fine with the appointment! We saw and heard the heartbeat and the doctor said everything looks normal. At that time, "Pudge" (you can guess why we nicknamed him/her that from the picture) was measuring 9 weeks, but gestationally (is that a word?) I was 8.5 weeks. So my official due date is June 19th! My next appointment is December 17th. Since then, I have also found out that my roommate from college is due for her second child June 16th, and one of Duane's best friends is expecting with his wife about a month after we are. Babies everywhere! We should start our own daycare.
I have reached the point where most of my pants are uncomfortable and my tops all make me feel/look fat. I seriously need to go clothes shopping. I am trying to hold out on major purchases for myself until after Christmas though. We'll see what happens. The other issue is money, of course. (Isn't it always?) I am really trying to get a few of our major bills paid off before June 19th, so I feel like money is really tight. Plus with the holidays, you know the feeling...
Duane was sick 2 days this week. He still has a major pain in his back. He thinks it might be his kidneys flaring up. I was also sick yesterday, but that could have been in sympathy for him, because I seem to be fine now. Hormones. He goes to see the doctor tomorrow so maybe they will figure something out.
This was the first Thanksgiving in forever where I just ate and didn't count calories. Well, I counted, but I didn't care! I ate a little portion of a lot of things, had my annual slice of pecan pie, and never looked back!! I suppose I have gained 10 more pounds now, but oh well. Like Lori says, I watch what I eat all the time. This should be a time when I don't have to be quite as careful, so long as I'm not binging or anything.

No comments: