Sunday, November 11, 2007

8 weeks!

I will have a picture to post soon. I took one yesterday right before I went to the Illinois vs. OSU game with my mom. I bought a new pair of jeans to wear to the game, because my jeans have been feeling a little tight, and I didn't want to be sitting uncomfortably for 4 hours. My work pants are slightly tighter, but not super uncomfortable, but my jeans have just been awful. These maternity jeans are SO comfortable -- I love them!

Not much other news to report. Our first appoint is tomorrow afternoon. I am really excited about that because we will get to see our baby for the first time and hear the heartbeat I hope! These 4 weeks of wondering have been really rough. Every twinge or cramp sends you into a panic!

I have gained about 4 pounds. I was hoping not to have gained much yet, but no such luck. This stinks, because I am deathly afraid of being a fat pregnant lady. I would love to be mostly baby. Maybe once this morning sickness passes and I don't need to eat every hour I will be able to tone it down some. I may even get back to working out a little bit.

Oh, we also bought a new car. Duane's truck died (it has been a bad week for us with cars, because my tires also needed replaced this week), so we had to buy a new vehicle 8 months ahead of schedule. I kept hoping it would last us until next June at least, but no such luck. We got a 2002 Lincoln LS. Not my choice in a car, because I know nothing about Lincolns or how long they last. If it were a 2002 Honda, I would say no problem -- it will last us another 10 years. But this was Duane's car, so it was his choice and I get to choose the next one. It will definitely be a Honda. Hopefully we won't need another car until we are done paying for the Lincoln. Cross your fingers. I will also be really amused when the baby spits up all over Duane's leather seats for the first time. He seems to think leather will be better for cleaning up. We'll see. :)

No comments: