Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 Months!!

My baby turned 10 months old yesterday. That doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem like it was 10 months ago that I was in labor, anxiously awaiting his arrival. I have a good friend who is due with her son in a few weeks, and I look at her in awe, remembering how I was nearly as pregnant as she one year ago. The time has truly flown. It seems so recent that I was up late with my little man, watching Big Brother After Dark, letting him fall asleep at my side on the couch as Duane slumbered upstairs.

And now, here we are. At his last doctor's appointment, Gavin was 30 inches long and 18.12 pounds. That puts him at 90th percentile for height and 23rd percentile for weight. I don't know where we got this tall baby, but I am already looking into basketball lessons! =) His health is excellent, and he is exceptionally happy. It amazes me how happy he is. Everywhere I take him, it seems like someone remarks on what a good baby he is, and I am proud to say it is true. He fusses only when he needs/wants something or isn't feeling so great.



He isn't eating many solids yet, and he doesn't have any teeth. Though, neither did big sister at his age. He has started to crawl (before he just army-crawled) and pull himself up to a standing position. He really enjoys talking. His favorite word is "GA!" I can't tell what he is trying to say, but he says it with a lot of emphasis!

He loves  ADORES his sister, and she has informed me that I am to refer to her as "Sissy" in Gavin's presence. I can't imagine making it through the past year raising two children with a traveling husband if Rachel hadn't been so interested in helping take care of Gavin. I am starting to understand how people have more than two children -- perhaps they have helpful siblings!

And so, as I am preparing for my first baby's first second third fourth birthday party, I look back and marvel over the past 10 months. I hope I am doing everything that I can to make the most of each day with my children, though I know I could work less and enjoy them more. I am looking forward to some vacation time with them this summer, as I will be working summer hours and getting Thursday afternoons off! And I am already planning several trips to the lakehouse. We enjoyed a trip this weekend for Memorial Day, and Rachel put her swimming lessons to use. Gavin also really loves the water. I hope this trip was this first of many. =)

No comments: