Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Months!!

Well, our baby is two months old. Unfortunately, that means I am back at work. Where did the time go?!? It seems like it was just June, and I was hauling my giant belly to the doctor every week, waiting to hear some sort of news about being dialated. Then we were in the hospital, learning about how to take care of this tiny little person we had been waiting to meet for 9 months. Now, our little girl is 9 weeks old, and she doesn't look like a newborn anymore! She gets bigger every day, and she has definitely developed a very distinct personality.
She is extremely alert now, and she sleeps more regularly at night, although she definitely isn't sleeping through the night. Everyone thinks she looks like Duane. She is smiling very regularly, and she is absolutely in love with her Daddy, as you can see in the pictures.
Rachel's two-month birthday was also my birthday, so Grandma and Grandpa Wood came to babysit so Duane and I could go see The Dark Knight (I HIGHLY recommend it!!) and grab some dinner. While we were out, we stopped by Babies R Us and I bought Rachel a couple Fall outfits. Duane also picked out a Bomber jacket and matching pants for our nephew-to-be Caden. It was nice to get away, but I was really excited to get home.
That night, Rachel had her first vomiting
session. The poor thing just couldn't hold anything down. She didn't have a fever or a high temperature, but she just kept spewing out everything she would eat! It was a stressful night for us both.

My sister graciously offered to watch Rachel for the first few weeks when I returned to work. I love my job and most of the people I work with, but I did NOT want to go back. That morning, people would approach me and welcome me back or ask me about Rachel, and I would break into tears! But gradually, with the help of my best friend Kim and other people at work, I have settled back into a routine and it gets easier every day. I hate leaving her in the morning, but leaving her with my sister has made it easier. It may be hard when I have to leave her with the sitter in a couple of weeks!
Here are a couple of updates on Rachel at 2 months:
  • At her two-month check-up, Rachel weighed in at 11 lbs 8 oz and she was 23 inches long! That is the 75th percentile for both, so at least she is proportionate! She also got several shots, but she did very well with them and only cried for a minute. I was sad and proud at the same time!
  • She is far less fussy during the day. It seemed like the first couple of months, if she wasn't asleep, she was eating or crying. But now, she will be awake for long periods where she is just looking around and observing the world around her.
  • She is holding her shoulders up during tummy time. I can't believe how well she controls her head. Although she still tends to upset herself by slamming it into my mouth or my collar bone!
  • She "talks" to us constantly. One of her favorite things to do is coo and giggle at us when we talk to her.
  • Unfortunately, she still won't sleep in anything but her swing or a carseat. If anyone has suggestions on how to get her into her crib, I am all ears!

Now we are gearing up for the first Buckeye football game of the season vs. Youngstown State. Rachel has so many OSU onesies to wear, but I am really glad because some of them won't fit her much longer! She also received the pink outfit above from our neighbors. Now, normally I am not a fan of pink OSU gear, because their colors are scarlet and gray, but I figure that until she gets enough hair to be recognizable as a girl, she can wear the outfit on Fridays before gameday!

No comments: