Saturday, August 2, 2008

Scarlet & Gray All the Way!!

My Great-Aunt Ann has always been a very close part of our family. When my grandmother passed away, she kind of took over the role of family matriarch. She never had a family of her own, so I think she treats us as her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

So when Rachel was born, she was extremely excited. She was thrilled to get the birth announcement, and she showed it off to all of her friends at her apartment building. She asked my mom what Rachel still needed, and mom asked me. I told my mom we needed a mobile for Rachel's room. Mom asked me what kind we would like, and I told her I thought a Buckeye mobile would be cute. She said, "That won't match her nursery." I just stared at her...since when does it matter whether it matches?!? :)

Aunt Ann gave Rachel one of the best presents she has received so far! Whenever we need to put her in her crib, we just crank up the mobile and she is entertained for at least 10 minutes. Her little legs get pumping and she gets all excited! Here is a video of her toward the end of her distraction with the mobile. Enjoy! And thank you Aunt Ann! We love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We do the same thing with Aiden! We always ask him if he'd like to "go watch his Brutuses." :)