Thursday, August 5, 2010

Monster Truck Cake!

I have been trying to upload a video for my latest blog post, but I am apparently inept at such things, so I will have to wait for that update.

In other news, Duane and I had a great time last weekend at his coworker's wedding. We rented a hotel room and Rachel stayed with her Uncle Phil & Aunt Jen for the night so we could stay over in Delphos and enjoy the reception. I had a great time meeting some more of the people Duane works with, but I wish we could have stayed later the next morning. We had a very nice hotel room and we were enjoying the continental breakfast and old episodes of Boy Meets World before we left. However, duty called! I had to get back to finish the cake for a very special 2-year-old boy -- Rachel's friend Brayden!

The cakes turned out pretty nice and they survived the 45-minute drive to the party, which made me happy. I used oreo cookie crumbs for the dirt, instead of icing, and I used smalled cake pans, but I think it worked out okay.


Here is the model:


And here is my version:





Last weekend, I attended my first-ever live auction. I was able to get a pretty nice office chair for our office and a great deal on a twin mattress and box springs for Rachel's new room. It was a strange experience, nodding at a man who is just rambling numbers out of his mouth. I was kind of sad too -- these were a man's possessions. I believe it was an older gentleman who passed away, but I couldn't help but think of how much he probably spent on these precious items and how much care he put into their selection. And there they were, being auctioned off for a fraction of their real value. A practically new pool table went for $140 because nobody wanted to have to move the darn thing!

Duane is off to the track again this weekend so I am hoping to get some work done around the house! Maybe I can surprise him and get Rachel's room painted and the new twin bed in place. Rachel and I get to go to Geema and Hoppah's new place on the lake Sunday. I am really excited about that! Hope the weather cooperates. Only a few weeks until my birthday, and even less until vacation!
I would post the latest weight stats, but not much has changed, despite upping my workout regimine to 4 days a week. But I guess I feel okay, so that is what matters...right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your cake a lot better than the model!!!

Shannon said...

Me too! It's way cuter than the model. Great job!