Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthday Festivities

This week, my beautiful little girl turned 2 years old! I can't believe it. I was driving home in heavy traffic Tuesday evening, and I took some back roads because I heard the freeway was closed. I happened to drive by the hospital where Rachel was born, and I thought how strange it felt to drive by on that particular day, almost exactly 2 years after I showed up there because my water broke. I was so scared and excited that night as we drove to the hospital -- I was more than ready to meet this little baby who had been kicking me for a while, but I had no clue what would come from the birth experience nor from becoming responsible for another person's life!

Now I can't remember what my life was like before I was Rachel's momma. I remember being slightly thinner (see below re: weight loss battle), but I know I wasn't nearly as fulfilled with my life. Rachel and I got to spend 3 days together this week, and I really wish I could stay home with her every day, because I had so much fun. We went to the Zoo (as has become tradition) for her birthday. Her cousins, Aunt Jen, and Grandma Wood joined us and even though it was scorching out, it was worth it. Then I went home and made her Foofa cake just for her birthday.

Thursday we met my friend Barb for lunch and then spent the day outside having fun. And today we have been laying low, running some errands, but overall just relaxing. Tonight I am headed to Cincinnati for a baseball game with my parents and brother, and then Sunday is Rachel's and Owen's birthday party! I have a lot to do tomorrow to get ready for that, including baking two cakes! Pray the weather holds out!!



**WEIGHT UPDATE: 151

Weight loss to go: 11 lbs

Not exactly as much as I had hoped for, but I did miss all my workouts this week, and I had cake 2 days, so I guess that is okay. Back to work next week though!**

No comments: