Sunday, August 30, 2009

Countdown to Fall!

The weather has turned a bit more mild, and I am just ready for Fall to be here. It is by far my favorite time of year. Partly because you can wear longer clothes, and I love warm clothes. And partly because it is football season!! Rachel has a couple of OSU outfits, so this week I put one of the cheerleader outfits on her to see how it fit. It looks pretty cute! And it got me in the mood for football, so I am really excited that the start of college football season is only 6 days away! We had our NFL fantasy football draft last night, which also stoked me up for football season. I have to beat Duane at least once this year, because last season he beat me BOTH times.

This week was wonderful, because I had a whole week of vacation to spend with my baby girl. On Monday, we went to my work to visit people there. Rachel was a bit moodier than usual, but she still enjoyed playing and visiting with people. Tuesday morning we left for the cabin, after I went to get my new license (bleck to the pink licenses!) and spent the morning cleaning up after Murdock's latest stomach issues. The first day was a bit hectic. Rachel spent time exploring and getting her sea legs on the boat. Then Julie and the boys came up and we got to spend time with them as well. It was a good time and very relaxing. Watching the kids play in the water reminded me a lot of the time I spent at the cabin years ago.

Friday we got some VERY good news, which poses a pretty picture for the future of our family. I will elaborate more later, but I still can't believe it; I am in a state of shock. I also got a freelance job that promises to pay nicely. It will be a lot of work, and I am nervous about it, but the payoff will be amazing, so I can't pass it up.

I am SHOCKED that my vacation is over already!! I am enjoying this last day with my family, and we are headed to my parents' house to celebrate August birthdays today. That should be fun too. I enjoy spending time with my family. They are a good group of people.

The goal for this week is to get back to working out, despite the fact that my ribs are really sore. I think I have finally recovered from my cold and cough, but now my ribs are bothering me with every twist and turn. However, I need to get back to working out because I can feel the tone I built up starting to fade again. No pain, no gain, right?

No comments: