Monday, October 22, 2007

Not a good day



Today did not start off very well. First of all, Murdock was trying to push me out of bed again. He is going to have to learn that I need to be comfortable or I will not be a pleasant person in the morning. But really, who can resist this face?

When I woke up, I felt fine...for the first 5 minutes. I went about with my morning ritual. I was spotting a little more than yesterday, but still all brown and very faint. Right after I brushed my teeth -- HUNGER. But I have caught on and now I keep a packet of Saltines with me at all times. So I started to munch on those and I got some ginger ale to wash them down, because Saltines are rather bland after the fourth or fifth one.

Yet I still didn't feel good. And now I was also running late for work because I had spent so much time trying to find something to make myself feel better.

In the car, I started to eat some peanut butter cracker sandwiches. That sounded like a really good idea, because the peanut butter was sure to coat my stomach and help with this insatiable hunger, right? One bite into the cracker sandwich and I felt like it was a really bad idea. I forced myself to finish it, but it wasn't pleasant. Eating has become something I no longer enjoy, but must force myself to get through.

Trickster that I am, I put some ginger ale (by the way, ginger is supposed to be very good for morning sickness) in a travel mug and disguised it as my morning coffee. By the time I got out of the car, the Saltines had hit my stomach and I was feeling ever-so-slightly better. I couldn't finish my cereal for breakfast though, even though I knew that I needed to try. Sweet things are appealing less to me than normal. I may have to go back to Egg McMuffins. But since I was running late this morning, no time to stop, so cereal it was. I felt fine for about an hour and a half at work, then I had to much on the aforementioned p.b. cracker sandwiches again.

The spotting has slowed, and I called the doctor but we are currently playing phone tag. Then my manager called a meeting from 11-11:30, which would normally be fine except that I could feel myself growing hungrier with each passing minute. I have only told my manager, my closest coworker, my friend Kim, and a couple other people that I am expecting, so me bolting up and running out of a meeting would be a bit awkward. I glared at my manager with an "I'm desperately hungry" look a couple of times, and I think she finally got the hint when I put my head in my hands and breathed heavily outward.

Alas, I was too late to feed the beast without repercussions. I made it about 2 bites into my delicious baked potato before I had to stop and wait for the nausea to pass. Most of my lunch was spent this way.
Bite, bite, breath, breath, bite, breath, bite, bite.
The nausea seems to have subsided for now though. I have my crackers in my drawer if I need them. I have a feeling I will not be going to the gym for a few weeks if this keeps up. Luckily I made sure I could freeze my membership if necessary. I would like to stay in shape throughout this pregnancy, but this hunger is killing me!

No comments: